Faculty of Electrical Engineering
University of Montenegro
First name: Nedjeljko
Last name: Lekic
Birth date: March 31, 1968
Marital status: Not married
Areas of interest and research
Applied electronics (analog and digital)
Instrumentation and Measurements and Industrial
- B.Sc., 1993, in Electrical Engineering at the University of Montenegro.
- M.Sc., 1999, in Electrical Engineering at the University of Montenegro.
- Ph.D., 2006, in Electrical Engineering at the University of Montenegro.
- 1993 - 1995Design engineer and project coordinator, EMI Corporation, Montenegro,
- 1995 - 2008 , Teaching Assistant, Electrical Engineering Department, University of Montenegro
- 2008 - present - Assistant Professor at the University of Montenegro
Knowledge and skills
- Microprocessors based design: Atmel AVR and ARM platforms, Microchip PIC
platform, Intel industrial controller’s platform, etc.
- Interfacing: Interfacing of analog and digital circuits to PC compatible machines and
- Communication: Industrial network communication (RS485, Profibus, Sensor
- Analogue design: Standard analogue circuits. Low-voltage an low noise circuits.
Analogue circuits applied in instrumentation and measurements. Sensors and
conditioners. Standard capacity filters. Feedback based design. Calibration techniques
and testing techniques. PLL design. Low frequency and high frequency design. Design
with specific integrated circuits, etc.
- Digitally design: Standard digital logic. Sequential and combinational logic.
Programmable Logic Devices, PALs, GALs, FPGA design, etc.
- Mixed Design: Mixed analogue-digital design. A/D and D/A converters. Embedded
- Software for microprocessors: C compilers for 8051 family, C compilers for ATMEL
89, 90S (RISC), AT Mega family and ARM family, Assembler for ATMEL 89, 90S
(RISC) and AT Mega family, C compilers for Microchip PIC 12C, 16F, 18F family,
Assembler for Microchip PIC 12C, 16F and 18F family, etc.
- General programming languages: Standard C, Microsoft Visual Basic, C++, Borland
C++ Builder, Microsoft Visual C++, etc.
- Research software: Software for computer simulation of electronics circuits, SPICE,
Electronic Workbench, Quartus, others simulation software.
- CAD: OrCad, Protel.
- Native language: Montenegrin
- Foreign languages: English
Nedjeljko Lekic was born in Podgorica, Montenegro,
Yugoslavia, March 31, 1968. He received the B.S.E.E., M.S.E.E. and PhD degrees
from University of Montenegro, in 1993, 1999 and 2006 respectively. From 1993 to
the end of 1995 he was with company, Electromechanic Engineering, at Podgorica.
From December 1995 he was with Electrical Engineering Department at University
of Montenegro. Currently he is a assistant professor at University of Montenegro.
Publications with Multimedia laboratory members
N. Lekic, M. Lakicevic Zaric, I. Orovic, S. Stankovic, "Adaptive gradient-based analog hardware architecture for 2D under-sampled signals reconstruction,"
Microprocessors and Microsystems,
Volume 62, October 2018, Pages 72-78,
I. Orovic, N. Lekic, S. Stankovic, "An Analogue-Digital Hardware for L-estimate Space-Varying Image Filtering,"
Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing,
Volume 35, Issue 2, pp 409-420,
N. Zaric, N. Lekic, S. Stankovic, "An Implementation of the L-estimate Distributions for Analysis of Signals in Heavy-Tailed Noise,"
IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II,
Vol 58. No.7, pp. 427-432,
N. Tadic, S. Stankovic, N. Lekic, R. Lakovic, "Solved Problems in Electronics ,"
textbook (in Montenegrin),
N. Lekic, A. Draganic, I. Orovic, S. Stankovic, V. Papic, "Iris print extracting from reduced and scrambled set of pixels,"
Second International Balkan Conference on Communications and Networking BalkanCom 2018,
Podgorica, Montenegro, June 6-8,2018,
I. Orovic, A. Draganic, N. Lekic, S. Stankovic, "A System for Compressive Sensing Signal Reconstruction,"
17th IEEE International Conference on Smart Technologies,
IEEE EUROCON 2017, 6th-8th July 2017, Ohrid, Macedonia,
A. Draganic, I. Orovic, N. Lekic, M. Dakovic, S. Stankovic, "Architecture for Single Iteration Reconstruction Algorithm,"
4th Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing,